Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant delete mp4 file

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 3DimensionalEntity

3DimensionalEntity

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

ive been deleting some stuff from my external hard drive then i came across some that i couldnt delete, when i click on delete it says that "destination folder access denied" and "you need to confirm this operation" so i click on continue and then it says "you need permission to perform this action" and i can click on try again or cancel, i tried again but the same thing comes up, i tried cutting and pasting the file onto my desktop and it said there was already a file with that name in that location (which there actually wasnt) and gave me option of moving the file and replacing it moving the file and keep both files and something else i cant remember so i moved and replaced it and tried to delete from there but it still wont let me, even though i managed to paste onto my desktop it didnt cut it from its previous location so i now have 2 of the same files, these are mp4 videos which i downloaded from anime-plus (bleep site dont use it)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:50 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php

this may do it

#3 3DimensionalEntity

3DimensionalEntity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

no that didn't work its still there any other ideas?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

Try taking ownership of the file before attempting to delete. See the following: How to Take Ownership of Files and Folders in Vista

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 3DimensionalEntity

3DimensionalEntity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

no that didn't work either before i tried that for some reason after i deleted/moved everything from my external hard drive and it was the only one left it deleted without coming up with those messages but now im still left with the one on my desktop which is what i tried animals suggestion on but still no luck

#6 3DimensionalEntity

3DimensionalEntity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:56 AM

anyone got any suggestions as to how i could get rid of the one left on my desktop?

#7 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,699 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:15 AM

Nothing beats Unlocker to deal with those pesky files.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#8 3DimensionalEntity

3DimensionalEntity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

thanks bez your a star, what happens to the file exactly do you know? it didnt go into my recycle bin

#9 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,699 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

Uhhhh... Thats a good question. It will keep me awake every night thinking about it.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users