Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 2003

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arluu

arluu

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:28 AM

Hello! I have win2003 svr running AD only. About 1 week ago, I face with the error which is I can't shutdown the svr easily. It takes so long to shutdown, but it is normal when I restart the svr. The hardware are dead bcoz mouse and keyboard and CD drive lose power and they are out of service. But the screen shows the normal last screen when we shutdown the normal OS. So I fixed the registry and it didn't show better. Now I have to stop it with the use of the power button. So if you have the way, please help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arluu

arluu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:33 AM

Hey! I am waiting for reply. Please I am still having this trouble.

#3 Michael Matirko

Michael Matirko

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hello! I have win2003 svr running AD only. About 1 week ago, I face with the error which is I can't shutdown the svr easily. It takes so long to shutdown, but it is normal when I restart the svr. The hardware are dead bcoz mouse and keyboard and CD drive lose power and they are out of service. But the screen shows the normal last screen when we shutdown the normal OS. So I fixed the registry and it didn't show better. Now I have to stop it with the use of the power button. So if you have the way, please help me!

I'm not sure about windows server, but this worked for me in XP :

Start Registry Editor and navigate to the following key:

[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown value to 0

Also, I'd recommend you try running "shutdown -f -s -t 01"" in the command prompt (without quotes).

#4 arluu

arluu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:22 AM

Thanks! But the registry value which you said is already 0. I also repair the windows with the CD and the shutdown time is still long. Advice, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users