Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Folder or Maybe Deleted?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mekap04

mekap04

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:44 AM

I just discovered a folder I had stored on my computer is completely gone and I just created it around 30 minutes ago and saved it and everything. I went back to access a document from the folder and it is missing. I did empty some items from the recycling bin but I am 99% sure I didn't delete that folder. Can anyone tell me how I can find it or restore the deleted items from the recycling bin. I have tried searching for the folder using the search function but it didnt find anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mattbirk

mattbirk

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

Open the recycling bin by double clicking the icon on the desktop. Right click on what you are trying to restore in the recycling in and there is a Restore option that will put it back where it was initially when it was deleted.

Also, try going to Start menu, and select search. Type the name of the folder, and search for it...

See if these things help find the folder...

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

Try Recuva.

It might find it for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users