Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan/CI.A

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pattiororke

Pattiororke

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:48 AM

Hello everyone. Long story short......I have an old Dell desk top, Windows XP, and run Panda for an anti-virus. It has served me remarkably well. That said I have a Trojan/CI.A on my computer and Panda notified me. I run my Panda antivirus every single night without fail.

How do I get rid of it? I live in North Dakota in an isolated area so if I can solve it myself from home it would be wonderful. I probably got it from Limewire or Facebook. I have eliminated Limewire from my computer.

I am still operational, as you can see.

If anyone can help me, it would be most appreciated. :thumbsup:

Edited by Blade Zephon, 14 July 2010 - 01:11 AM.
Move to AII. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:45 AM

Hello,
I'd first begin by running Malwarebytes. It can be found at www.malwarebytes.org. Download and install the application, then after clicking the finish button on the last screen, you will see two checkboxes. Ensure that both are checked; Update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. If an update is found, the program will download and install it. You should run a quick scan and then post the log that is generated. It can be found per the logs tab. You can copy and paste it into your next reply so that we can have an idea of what is going on. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chromebuster

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users