Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sound problems after av security suite

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 michael_scarn

michael_scarn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

I recently followed the bleeping computer guidelines for the removal of the AV Security Suite rogue wear, but I am still having some problems. My sound does not work. Every time I start my computer, I get a windows message that says found new hardware, and it asks me if I want windows to search for software for my new PCI device. I googled how to fix this, but I couldn't figure it out. It told me to download a new chipset driver, which I did, but that didn't work. Any ideas?

I have a dell inspiron e1505 with windows xp

think i'm using sigma tel audio

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Twisted Image

Twisted Image

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

Unfortunately, a common issue with rogue AVs. Go into device manager, click View->Hidden Devices. This will show system devices that are usually handled during Windows install. It will probably drill down automatically to reveal a conflicting device. Try to automatically update the device. If it doesn't work, or if doing so doesn't fix your audio problem, don't fret. If it doesn't find a driver for it, just delete it and reboot. At post, if your sound card is onboard, disable then re-enable it. When back in Windows, go back into device manager and scan for new hardware.

This won't fix it every time, but is the easiest fix, and works about 90% of the time. If it doesn't work, let me know, as there are some alternate (albeit more annoying) fixes for this.

-Joel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users