Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Defense Centre Virus causing errors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shaggy1812

shaggy1812

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hi all,

My computer recently got infected with the defense centre virus/malware. I managed to remove the virus using a trial version of Kaspersky Pure but I am still encountering errors. When I right click on the desktop or any folder, the following message appears:

"Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

For more information about this error, click here"

It gives me two options, Debug and Close.

When I "click here" It gives me the following error signature

"Error Signature
AppName:explorer.exe
AppVer: 6.0.2900.3156
ModName: defext.dll
Mod Ver: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 000041a8

To view technical information about the error report click here" (I wont display what is in this technical information unless requested because it is massive)

If I click Close it simply returns to the windows desktop but I still cannot right click anything

If I click Debug the following appears:

"DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

For more information about this error, click here"

It gives me two options, Debug and Close.

Again, when I "click here" it brings up the following error signature:

"Error Signature
Event Type: BEX P1: drwtsn32.exe P2: 5.1.2600.0 P3: 3b7d84a2
P4: dbghelp.dll P5: 5.1.2600.2180 P6: 4110969a
P7: 0001295d P8: c0000409 P9: 00000000"

Again there is a very big technical information log which is too big to post unless requested.

This time if I click debug my system crashes and I need to reboot.

I have attempted to clean the registry but it hasn't fixed it at all.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users