Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook express

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bignight2

bignight2

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

Hi was curiouse if i could install it twice, or just add another email account to same one, but problem i have is i moved and now on different isp but can still open it, but i wanted to add a diff email to it, if I add this email to it will the other pc in totaly different place be able to see i added a new email, thankyou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

It's a bit unclear to me what you are asking so I'll do the best I can to answer your questions based on what I interpret what you are asking.

You can add another email account to Outlook Express to reflect your new ISP providers.
OR you can edit the email account settings in the previous ISP settings to add the new provider settings.. To do this, open up OE.
Go to the previous account.

Choose Tools/Accounts/Mail tab.

Highlight the name of the old account. Choose properties.

General Tab /Mail Account-If needed, you can change or keep the current name as the name you want to refer to the servers. Example, the name in my OE is mail.comcast.net I could change it to anything I want, say Evie's Mail. If you have the isp in the current name, you can change it to include the name of your new ISP or bignight mail.

Email tab, change it to your new IP email name, make sure to include @whatever.com/.net

Servers tab, change the incoming and outgoing servers to those your new isp recommends.

Enter your account name in the account name field. This would be the part before @whatever.com/.net

Next enter the password for the new account.

Click APPLY. Close out properties.

Close out then restart OE. Send a test message to your self from the new account to the new account. If it sends and your receive it, you're good to go.

The advantages of doing it the way is mail from your old ISP will still be there, as will the address book.

No, your other pc will not see that you have set up a new account. You will have to repeat the procedure on any computer that has OE set up.

If you have problems or receive error messages, post back here and we will help you.

#3 bignight2

bignight2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:15 AM

thanks yes that is what i was after, Ok I added the new account, how do i switch back and forth from one address to the other thanks, ok i figured it out had to make a idenity, thanks for the help

Edited by bignight2, 14 July 2010 - 10:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users