Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help my browser is hijacked.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:14 PM

Hi my name is kelly and my home browser page is hijacked big time! My hats off to this evil geek, because even when i try to delete the strans in the registry in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE file they come back soon as i close out. I also downloaded and used the hijackthis program,log and the same thing happened I would delete the files and then a BHO would pop in my registry and load it all again. (some kind of dialer I guess)..........Short of reformating my drive and reloading the os. does anyone out there know how to eradicate this, and once its gone what is the best software to prevent this. My friend suggested a anti-virus named AV he said it was a really good one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2004 - 10:17 PM

Please run two online virus scans:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

Then let us know if its working better and what the scans found.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2004 - 11:27 AM

Please post a hijackthis log in the hijackthis analysis forum. THere is a pinned topic at the top of the forum that explains how

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users