Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Wireless Internet connection ''Limited access''

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arodriguez

arodriguez

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:52 PM

Hi, I'm using a laptop with windows 7. I had a connection problem so I used the conncetion troubleshooting and I saw a message that says there might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter. It sais that I'm connected but that I have ''Limited Access''.I don't have an internet connection because of this, in the network connection troubleshooting I clicked on ''try these repairs as an administrator''. Then it states that the problem has been detected (but not solved). What can I do to fix this? I've tried reseting the modem and the router, going to a friends house to try a different internet connection and even scanning the pc with spybot and avg internet security wich turned out clean. Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orecomm

Orecomm

• Members
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

Have you installed or removed any antivirus or firewall software on the machine ? If so, go into hardware management and disable and delete the wireless NIC. Reboot and let Windows re-install it, then try again. If that doesn't do it try connecting using an Ethernet cable and see what happens. If you get connected check the manufacturer's website for updates for the wireless card drivers and install any you find. You also need to be set to get your IP address and DNS settings automatically in your network -> interface -> TCP/IP settings control panel. Let us know what you find.

#3 arodriguez

arodriguez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

Thank you very much! It solved the problem instantly. I rebooted and had only to wait for the drivers to reinstall and input my network key. Again, thank you for helping me solve this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users