Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

scvhosts.exe infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tomle08

tomle08

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

Hello there. While running across some applications, I tried downloading a software off of newsleacher (another p2p program) and thought that I got the program I was looking for. At first, it was kind of suspicious because the file size was so small, but without thinking too much about it, I opened it up and the first thing that happened was the scvhosts.exe application error. I pressed okay to exit out of it but it repeatedly kept opening up more. I pressed CTRL - ALT- DEL and went to my task manager to look at the processes and saw that there were many scvhosts.exe running with small bits of memory. The description goes under Provide.

The current file location of the scvhosts.exe is under: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\scvhost

There was a scvhosts.exe file but I deleted it. That still did not solve the problem. Another thing that I came across was multiple Microsoft Windows errors saying "Provide has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I'm currently using Norton Security Suite as my anti-virus software. I have multiple computers within the household but this is my main one that I do work on. It would be a big inconvenience having to reboot my computer. I'm look for alternative methods of malware/spyware/trojan removal. I saw a similar post to this problem: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/325577/possible-scvhostsexe-infection/
But was unable to follow it because ComboFix would not install onto my computer. Please assist me with my problem. I would like to thank you in advance for any inconvience.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 13 July 2010 - 08:31 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users