Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Display

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mloo55

mloo55

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:07 PM

What happens from one moment to other is that the settings for the display changed because all the icons are bigger than normal and the mouse does not work at all. I tried to set in control panel for display icon but without any results so when I set I am unable to press apply because I can not go downwards since the mouse is inop. Please if you can help with this problem. The pc is pentium III with win98se.
rgds
mloo55

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:10 PM

The TAB key and the arrow keys will let you move the highlight to different areas of a window if your mouse is inoperable. Space-bar if you need to select a "radio button".

Best to get your mouse fixed/replaced. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Elixer

Elixer

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:12 AM

Hi there,

It sounds like there could be two possible problems here:

1. You could have faulty display drivers. You should contact your PC or Video card manufacturer about updating your video card. You could also try changing your system settings in the display properties (Control Panel) from 32-Bit color to 16-Bit color to see if you experience the same symptoms.

2. Some video card drivers come with a applet (small application) that automatically loads. It may include hotkeys that allow you to change resolution on the fly. This program may be faulty or you may be hitting the hotkeys unintentionally.

Either way, it seems to be related to you video adapter driver/software.

Regards,

Bill
Resident Geek

"There is an answer to every question, but is there an answer to every problem?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users