Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Norton the only antivirus compatible with HP?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dragonfall1221

dragonfall1221

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

Hi,

I just got my HP mini back from repair (the hard drive died after barely a month of service) and the customer support person told me that only Norton Antivirus is compatible with HP and that having another antivirus could have been the cause of my drive failure. She also suggeted that having an out of date Norton could have been the straw that broke the camels back.

I find this highly suspect. Of the dozens of antivirus programs available, only Norton is safe to use on my computer? Sound like pumping of a product to me.

Typically I use AVG and SuperAntiSpyware along with malwarebytes. All are supposed to be compatible with windows 7. Will I have to shell out cash for Norton (which I despise) or can I use my tried and true programs? Any input would be appreciated, especially if it saves me having to send my computer back in to get something else replaced.

Thanks in advance,
Dragonfall

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

LOL, you are right that person is telling you bull to sell Norton antivirus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users