Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Neeed Help In Removing Norton Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_juhgail_*

Guest_juhgail_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:04 PM

I have a computer that HAD Norton Antivirus on it. I have no idea which version, but it had to be within the past 2ish years.

And yes, I have not had a working copy of any antivirus for at least a year.

So. I just purchased pc-cillin at Best Buy. They said its just as good and would be just fine. But I was told I have to make sure that every speck of NAV was removed. They told me to download something called RNAV from the symantec web site, but there is nothing there called RNAV to downlaod.

so.

I THINK i have gotten all the NAV files out. I did a search of semantec, Norton etc, and think I have removed everything.

So.

1. Is there anything else I should do to make sure all specks of NAV are gone?
2. Does it matter and can I just put on PC-cillin?
3. Should i beat the boy over the head who sold me PC-cillin and go back and buy the NEW NAV?

Thanks,
Gail

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:24 PM

Here is the information from Symantic:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.n...001092114452606

Regards,
John

And ALWAYS beat the salesman over the head!
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 wormfarmer

wormfarmer

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:33 AM

I use AVG free and it works great. Also do an on line scan once a week at http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan Good for detecting virus and trojans. Will remove virus but not trojan they want you to buy the full version for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users