Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'Security Tool' Virus - & Home Page Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 whitey1987

whitey1987

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

Hi Guys,

I managed to get myself the 'Security Tool' trojan yesterday from a bad piece of software I downloaded. I had a look on this website, and went through the steps to resolve the problem, and it appears to have worked. However, I still have one problem that has persisted, that is that I can't change my home page in 'Internet Options' under 'Control Panel' from a dodgy site the virus added. I've gone in and changed it to my previous home page aol.co.uk and clicked 'Apply' > 'OK' but as soon as I close, and click back in its reverted to this one h**p://fl*l*w*d.cc/aa/pinnokionews.php (asteriks input to avoid people accidently clicking on it).

As I said I followed this websites instructions and did the Malwarebytes full scan, but unfortunately it doesn't quite seem to have picked off this part of the virus. Can anyone help me out?

My operating system is Windows Vista.

Thank-you, and thanks for the help this sites already given me in the removal of the security tool annoyance! :thumbsup:

Edited by whitey1987, 13 July 2010 - 04:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users