Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD, when playing games, after installing GPU

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

PSU is 450W...

I wonder, if GA-MA78GM-US2H rev. 1.0 is compatible with GV-R575D5-1GD (Gigabyte's HD 5750)? Maybe, I should update MB's BIOS?

Where should I get drivers for GPU?; from Gigabyte's site, or from AMD's one?

BSODs were spotted firsty after GPU installation... The game is called M&B Warband (v1.126, latest today).

THIS COULD BE HACKER AS WELL... WE CAN DISCUSS IT LATER ON.

Thank you very much.

P.S. Where should I report hackers? Found one from Russia...

Additional info: also have some minor BIOS disorder issues; so I'm minding hacker... BTW, it could be also a game issue (Warband 1.126); some people report as well (sorry for heavying you so).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

First, download the correct driver from: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx, save to desktop.

Use "add/remove programs" or program manager to run the ATI/Gigabyte uninstall utility for the drivers

Then run: Driver sweeper: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745 Directions here: http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

After you get everything cleaned up, reboot and click on the drivers you downloaded at the beginning, follow the prompts and select "custom install" so you can uncheck the extra garbage ATI packages with their drivers. You need CCC and the audio driver so don't uncheck those two.

See if that helps, post back if you are still having trouble.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

14/07/2010

Updated driver to latest (taken from AMD's site).

Played Warband 1.126 all day - no reboots. Played in SP, not MP; placed block all connections with Firewall, during that.

Question: should I risk going to MP? Is it actually a hacker?

Thanks a lot for help. Waiting on further advices... :thumbsup:

#4 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

Changed BIOS settings to -default- Fail-Safe (from -default- Optimized). Should I keep it that way? How to get a better understanding of such terms of BIOS?

...I have a GA-MA78GM-US2H (rev. 1) motherboard, with Award BIOS.

Other thinkings:

Kernel fail? PSU voltage not enouph?

Thank you very much! Hope, reply won't take too long...

Edit:

Also could be a "haxdoor" virus... :thumbsup:

Edited by rhino1366, 21 July 2010 - 05:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users