Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.NET Framework fails to install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 audiofreak

audiofreak

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:06 AM

Problem has been going on for many months.
My Windows XP PC continues to download .NET Framework updates. When I attempt to install them, they fail.
Here are the updates that fail to install:

Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)

I read everything I could find online about this issue, but am unclear as to best way to proceed.
Any help?
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

Current install could be damaged.

Using Add/Remove Programs...I would uninstall all items reflecting MS.NET versions 1.0 thru 3.5...then I would install only 3.5, SP1.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Then...I would go to Windows Updates for security updates related to such.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users