If you loose your connection to the net, use this tool to get your connection back.
Please follow the instructions provided, you may want to print out these instructions and use them as a reference.
Please download ewido security suite
it is a free version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..
- Install background guard
- Install scan via context menu
- Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
- The program will now open to the main screen.
- When you run ewido for the first time, you will get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
- You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
- Then click on Start Update.
- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.ewido manual updates
Once the updates are installed do the following:
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.**
- You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
- If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
- DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
- If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.**(Ewido for example has been flagging parts of AVG Anti-Virus, pcAnywhere and the game "Risk")
Reboot and post a new Hijack This log, and Ewido log.