Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iexplore.exe running under system

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Icee

Icee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

I am having similar problems as you. For one, I also have iexplore.exe running under system, whereas if I launch Internet Explorer by command, it runs under my computers name. I also find whatever this is to be messing with my sound as well. I will often hear clicking like I am navigating through pages in Internet Explorer but there will be nothing launched at the time. My sound will also often shut off and will have to go into my device manager and disable and enable my sound card to make it come back on. I've tryed 3 different virus scanners (VIPRE, AVG, Norton) in attempts to try to pick up the virus but it's found nothing. I downloaded Malawarebytes and Ad-Aware but they found nothing as well.

So I'm thinking we're hit with the same thing, just figured I'd post my problems as well to give someone a little more info to work off of.

Split from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330970/internet-explorer-randomly-opening-websitesads/ ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 12 July 2010 - 07:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users