Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp crash weird graphical error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

The problem is suddenly without warning my screen will freeze then pixels will become out of place so the majority of the screen has patches of chess board squares with what ever was no the screen. Then rapidly after that the screen blinks rapidly and the computer makes noises beep beep beep. After I restart the patches a usually still there and I will go to safe mode where eventually the desktop image is restored and the system is back to normal. This only happens maybe about 1 a month or shorter for at most 2 days in a row or once in a day ,but I wonder encounter it again and unable to replicate the problem. I have left my video card running at 100% all the time ,but this does not seem to change the problem. Recently it was quite hot outside and my video card got very hot ,but today is quite cool and the problem occurred randomly though the video card is much cooler than usual. I don't think it is the video card since my whole computer freezes and I have to do a hard reboot.

Edited by mute20, 12 July 2010 - 03:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

Your video card is dying you need to replace it, or you need to update the drivers.

#3 mute20

mute20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

I don't think I will bother upgrading this old single core computer ,but how long would you say it would be till my video card dies since this problem started happening since January

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

Dont know as i am not there, but it could die tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users