Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot remove antimalware doctor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 moinjaang

moinjaang

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

My PC has been infected in the last 2 days and it might have been infected by 2 different fake antivirus viruses

The problem that appears prominent right now is the one called "antimalware doctor"
I have tried rebooting my PC in safe mode. running rkill and malwarebytes to get rid of the problem

With rkill a dos box flashes up for 3 seconds but then disappears into a notepad file. Then a box come up asking if im happy to enter safe mode (as i was asked when first logging on.) I hope this is what should happen

Malwarebytes picks up about 20 different infections. (i have screenshots)
After removing the files and rebooting the PC there still appears to a be problem with my browser and in my programs list there is new software installed. "antimalware doctor"

The system details are:

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Before this virus hit the computer i was running stopzilla and avg (i think). with malware bytes already installed. If booting the pc into windows normally i cannot access any software because i just get warnings that the file is infected and will not open.

Also i should point out that i was originally trying to remove av security suite and im not sure if that is still on the pc still but lets just tackle antimalware doctor for now

Edited by moinjaang, 12 July 2010 - 03:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users