Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Serious Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sarahabutair

sarahabutair

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:03 AM

Hi,

I posted this in the HJT log section but was advised that I should post it here as my HJT log seems clean.

'The last few days, my computer just stops whatever im doing the screen goes blue saying this may be caused by recently added hardware or software and im forced to restart.

I can't think of anything I've added before this started happening. When I restart I get an error message and it seems to be pointing at these files:

C:\DOCUME~1\Sarah\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERfaab.dir00\Mini100205-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Sarah\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERfaab.dir00\sysdata.xml

Should I remove them???'

Someone suggested over heating and that I should physically clean it, I'm not sure where to clean! I'm using a laptop. I'm not sure if it is overheating because when it happened this morning the laptop didn't feel hot at all.

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 turnip

turnip

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:01 AM

hi, when you system goes blue, you should be able to see some error codes (STOP Error Codes) please post it. It could be something like 0x000000xx.
If the system is restarting immediately, boot to safemode, go to system properties windows, click on Advance tab, click "startup and recovery", you should see a check box next to "Automatic restart", if its checked uncheck it. click "Apply" and then restart the system.

also try booting to safemode, uninstall any new software installed recently. Clear startup items, disconnect all external hardware. restart and see how the system behaves. reply back with more details.

Hi,

I posted this in the HJT log section but was advised that I should post it here as my HJT log seems clean.

'The last few days, my computer just stops whatever im doing the screen goes blue saying this may be caused by recently added hardware or software and im forced to restart.

I can't think of anything I've added before this started happening. When I restart I get an error message and it seems to be pointing at these files:

C:\DOCUME~1\Sarah\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERfaab.dir00\Mini100205-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Sarah\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERfaab.dir00\sysdata.xml

Should I remove them???'

Someone suggested over heating and that I should physically clean it, I'm not sure where to clean! I'm using a laptop. I'm not sure if it is overheating because when it happened this morning the laptop didn't feel hot at all.

Please help!

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:34 AM

Have you cleaned out your temporary internet files, lately.
Those 2 files are temp files.
When your temp folder get's too full, it can sometimes cause problems.
Open IE
Click Tools
Select Internet Options
Click the General tab.
Click the Delete Files button.
When the box opens, put a check in Delete All Offline Content.
Click OK.
Click OK.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:16 AM

Another alternative is to scan with CCleaner [its free and availabe for download here]: http://www.ccleaner.com/
1. Run CCleaner using it's default setting's by clicking on "Run Cleaner".
2. A popup box will open advising the process will permanently delete files from your system.
3. Click "OK" and it will scan and clean your system.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users