Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can ANYBODY help me?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 H£nchman

H£nchman

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

Look here's how it is I've been posting my problem for two months now yet nobody, not a soul wants to give me a hand :flowers: so now that I'm a little more desperate can anybody give me a hand so long as you seem to know more about my problem than I do.
I know this may sound a little flippant but I'm not annoyed, I know the helpers on this site are under tight schedule so if anybody knows anything about my problem, please feel free to advise me :thumbsup: Thanks.

Now the problem that I do have is this... Every few minutes my McAfee 2010 security suite disables real-time scanning I'll re-enable it and after about a minute it will disable itself again. This is causing alarming pop-up boxes which is also slowing my computer. I'm not sure whats causing it but it seems like malware and I know now that McAfee is a rubbish software, however, I've already bought it now and I can't give it back. Is it natural for McShield.exe to be using roughly 120,000k of memory?

Now the next problem I'm having is with my Internet browsers... First I was using firefox and nowadays it seems to crash (a lot), I kept getting those unresponsive script messages. But this also temporarily stopped my laptop from responding to anything. Also is it natural for firefox to be using roughly 140,000k of memory?
This problem seem to be on all my browsers and each browser temporarily crashes rendering my laptop temporarily useless. I've downgraded and updated and uninstalled and reinstalled the browsers but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Once again, Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:41 PM

Sorry your posts got overlooked. Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:59 AM

....Now the next problem I'm having is with my Internet browsers... First I was using firefox and nowadays it seems to crash (a lot), I kept getting those unresponsive script messages. But this also temporarily stopped my laptop from responding to anything. Also is it natural for firefox to be using roughly 140,000k of memory?
This problem seem to be on all my browsers and each browser temporarily crashes rendering my laptop temporarily useless. I've downgraded and updated and uninstalled and reinstalled the browsers but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Once again, Thanks for any help.

Normally I would not make suggestions on someone Else's Malware thread, but since you ASKED, here's 3 things I would do:

1) Follow the instructions of your helper (and ONLY your helper) in removing whatever malware is STILL present.

The next 2 are likely suggestions to be given by your helper AFTER the removal process is completed--

2) Add more RAM: http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp...ell&cat=RAM
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurat...;submit1=Search
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/setup/addmemory.aspx

3) LOSE McAfee.

Just my .02 cents.

Edit to add: I am NOT a BC staff person.

Edited by Union_Thug, 12 July 2010 - 05:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users