Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Part of my Desktop is White

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BlueGazoo

BlueGazoo

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

When i login to my computer, part of my desktop is white even though my desktop wallpaper is solid blue. However, I still see the taskbar properly across the screen. I've logged in and out about 10 times, sometimes the white space changes in size and dimension but it always touches the top edge of screen.

I turned screen saver off, changed background color, screen saver, tried different resolutions. I tried google but actually didn't find a similiar problem/solution.

This only happens when i login as a particular user. If i login as Administrator, it doesn't the desktop is fine.

I just finished running the following programs:
  • Advanced System Care3
  • Emsisoft Anti Malware
  • Lavasoft
  • SUPERAntiSpyware
  • Malewarebytes Anti Malware
  • HijackThis (but i haven't removed anything based on the log file)
Help is appreciated...

Edited by BlueGazoo, 12 July 2010 - 05:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlueGazoo

BlueGazoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

Can anybody offer anything on this... driving me nuts...

#3 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

Advanced System Care has a registry cleaner which I have read by trusted contributes that it is a myth that it improves anything but can actually damage your system. You should try using spybot and super antispyware as these are in my opinion are better than the soft scanners since I find especially with the anti malware there are a lot of false positives. I do not know anything about this problem so you should wait till someone more knowledgeable can answer.

#4 BlueGazoo

BlueGazoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

No Worries - thanks for your reply anyway.

Actually, since i gave myself a few days to fix this monster of a computer, i thought i would run the scans from each software, but not fix them, just to see which software was better. But i had ambiguous results: They were all different and each found a different number of problems. But all of them found major problems.

I will keep my eye on Advanced System Care3.

Anybody else have a go at er?

Edited by BlueGazoo, 12 July 2010 - 05:16 PM.

#5 BlueGazoo

BlueGazoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:22 AM

I deleted the windows user (with the option of saving the users files) and created a new user. The problem is not on this new user.

Edited by BlueGazoo, 13 July 2010 - 07:23 AM.

#6 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

My guess is that you just clicked something that had to do with the setup of your graphics, and that put that strange whiteness up there.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#7 BlueGazoo

BlueGazoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

I don't know about that.... unlikely.

It was weired because each login had a different sized white space...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users