Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

really strange mouse glitches not mouses faault

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 doolittlesy

doolittlesy

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

my start menu is really glitching so when i click something it picks whatever is 3 down and i dont know if these are related but in internet explorer i cant drag the scroller bar on the side and in google chrome i cant click my favorites bar theres just alot of glitches with the menus and i tried a system restore but it didnt work. im pretty sure its not a virus and also one time i rebooted it because my spyware got rid of some tracking cookies and it was working for an hour then it came back an stopped working.

if u dont get what im talking about i recorded it

and it goes away sometimes but comes back randomly
its not the actual mouse because i used a mouse and the trackpad both have the same problem

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I watched your video, I noticed you have a laptop.

For the most part your problem may not be software related.

You may have a problem with the touch pad or one of the built in mouse buttons.

That is my suggestion that you investigate a possible issue with those features.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 doolittlesy

doolittlesy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

yes but it wouldnt make sense for the mouse to be messed up if i can right click under it but i cant right click up one inch higher and also i dont know if you noticed but there was also the self scrolling part that automatically scrolled it down on the start menu but not on IE it would make sense for it too be the mouse.

but thanks for trying

also it goes away when i restart for about an hour then comes back so it also couldnt be the mouse

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

The reason why I said it could be the scroll feature of the laptop is if the pad/button had something creating a circuit or stuck key it will continue to try to scroll the bar back down, just like a stuck down arrow key, it will continue to direct the scroll bar down once the up key is released.

Spills on keyboards can sometimes make this happen.

If I am wrong and it is not a hardware issue and its a software or browser issue, I would not think it would affect both your start menu and your browser's scroll bar.

You may want to check your keyboard settings in the control panel to see if you have some feature enabled for handicapped people.

Bruce.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 doolittlesy

doolittlesy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

theres alot of differnyt problems maybe theres something else i can do.

what do these have in commomn?

the start menu
google chromes bookmarks
internet explorers scroll bar and favorites
just about every other menu in the computer such as the uninstall section and the task manager

it seems like theres something wrong with the scroll bar also i cant right click the bookmarks bar in google chrome it just flashes then dissapears

#6 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

To me they are all menus to which can be controlled by the arrow buttons, I've tried that on my own computer under several menus, I held down the down arrow key on my keyboard and the high light scrolled down.

Okay, lets change from the mouse to your arrow key that points down. Is there a stuck key or liquid under the key?

#7 doolittlesy

doolittlesy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:53 PM

notice in the video at 1:07 i click itunes but at 1:13 its not opened the other one is that wouldnt be caused by any stuck keys or anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users