Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Freeze

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pattinicknack

Pattinicknack

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:17 PM

I have Windows XP Home Edition on a new computer. When I go into Yahoo.com I can never close out. I have to hit the ctrl/alt/delete and then send an error message to end the task. It happens every time. I never had this problem with my old computer and Windows 98. Can anyone give me some ideas where to start here. I've tried clicking the Java on and off, doesn't make any difference.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:45 PM

Does the same thing happen on other websites?

Does it appear to be blocking popups when you can't close it?

#3 Pattinicknack

Pattinicknack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:47 PM

I have Windows XP Home Edition on a new computer. When I go into Yahoo.com I can never close out. I have to hit the ctrl/alt/delete and then send an error message to end the task. It happens every time. I never had this problem with my old computer and Windows 98. Can anyone give me some ideas where to start here. I've tried clicking the Java on and off, doesn't make any difference.

No, it doesn't seem to happen in any other sites and no pop-ups coming up either.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:53 PM

What browser are you using?

#5 Pattinicknack

Pattinicknack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:56 PM

Internet Explorer 6

#6 Pattinicknack

Pattinicknack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:46 PM

The thing just sits on my toolbar unless I do the c/a/d and report. I thought maybe it would have a time out and disappear eventually but no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users