Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java's anoying error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mitsukake

Mitsukake

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

well today i had a issue with java for fire fox and seem to cant get rid of it. keeps popping up each time i change the page for it =\. tryed restarting and running a few things such as malwarebytes, and my anti virus. but nothing was picked up. it happened after i installed Microsoft office professional 2007 from a site. :thumbsup:

this is the exact error

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]" nsresult: "0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://cwmaddon/content/AddOn.js :: anonymous :: line 31" data: no]

i have Run IE and it dose not come up with this issue.

anyone got any suggestions?

Edited by Mitsukake, 11 July 2010 - 09:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:47 PM

It is my hope that you did not download a torrent version of Microsoft Office Pro 2007. That's a no-no :thumbsup:

There appears to be an add-on that was added to your browser.

Try downloading and installing Spybot Search & destroy, update it and run it. http://www.safer-networking.org/en/ownmirrors1/index.html

Next click the mode option in the main menu and this should allow you more advanced features and options.

Expand the TOOLS menu. Here there are check boxes check mark all related to your browser. It enables those options in the main menu.

Now you can see what ActiveX controls and BHO you have running in your browser.

You can disable or delete what you don't want.

Hope this helps.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 11 July 2010 - 09:48 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Mitsukake

Mitsukake
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:33 AM

ya it was a torrent of it. =\ needed a word program to at least let me open some files along with do some school stuff.

there was a add on update of a pop up blocker i do use. so don't know if that could just be the cause as well.

and i completely forgot to runt hat and i just did. results showed up nothing.

also the error has changed to

TypeError: Components.classes[cid] is undefined

this happen before i ran the scan after restarting the computer for 2nd time.

EDIT:: i tried turning off my add ons and turning them on 1 by one. and cough the one that is giving me the error. it turns out when i turn off "Customized web management" the error stop so it is a add on somewhere. >< any idea where could be or anything like that so can get rid of it?

Edited by Mitsukake, 12 July 2010 - 02:39 AM.

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

I am not sure if it is still available on the Microsoft web site, but Microsoft previously released Microsoft office 2010 beta. Available free of charge and fully functional.

I downloaded it from Microsoft's web site saved it as an ISO and recently installed it and licensed it through Microsoft and was granted a valid legal license key from Microsoft, even though Office 2010 has been officially released.

Of course I am a Windows live registered member of Microsoft, so such programs are offered to me, registration for Windows live is free. So I am not sure why you would want to pirate something when first of all it is illegal and basically you get what you pay for, a free pirated program with bugs and possible back door or Trojans. It's really truly not worth the risk. :thumbsup:

My suggestions are get rid of the pirated software.

Uninstall fire fox and delete the folder it installed in it if wasn't removed.

Open your Windows registry by typing regedit.exe

WARNING: Back up your registry and create a system restore point before you proceed!!!!!!!.

In the registry editor browser menu click EDIT click find or hit ctrl+F keys type Fire fox into the empty text field and search.

Delete any keys related to fire fox or that contain the string Components.classes You will probably find it under the following HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT then component categories check for a key related to browsers and or fire fox.

Delete the key.

Check the Microsoft web site for the LEGAL version of Microsoft Office 2010 BETA version. Install, register and paste your legal license key into the registration box. Its that simple and legal.

By the way, Bleepingcomputer and its staff do not allow discussions in the forums concerning software pirating, I understand your not here for that reason, but I figured I'd make that known to you that such discussions here are not acceptable or allowed and that's for the better of us all.

BC forum rules: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

Kind regards.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 12 July 2010 - 11:35 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 Mitsukake

Mitsukake
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:17 PM

i felt aware that shouldn't been talked about so that's why i tryed to avoid it when made this thread.

i did everything you said but there was no keys to be found at all other then "internet Explorer Browser Band". would that be the right key? because sure dose not look like it to me. . and the fire fox folder did not wanted to be deleted due to a file within it.

i read some stuff on Google and aperantly it seems to be something within fire foxes updates/add ons. but none of them point to my case. most of them updated or just first time installed it.

Edited by Mitsukake, 13 July 2010 - 03:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users