Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling Youtube Downloader

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BlueGazoo

BlueGazoo

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

I'm starting to clean up my computer and when trying to uninstall Youtube Downloader (through Add/Remove Progs) its asking me the following question, and wont let me continue to uninstall unless i choose an answer.

"Have you ever bought something online and had it delivered? Yes or No (radio buttons)"

If i click the Uninstall button without answering the popup reads "You must answer the question to uninstall youtube downloader".

I don't want to answer because i refuse to sucumb to the advertising gods. How do i uninstall it?

I've never seen this before. Is this a new trend we should expect? ("Before you start you're computer you must answer these 10 questions...")

sheeshh...

Edited by BlueGazoo, 11 July 2010 - 10:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

That's a little odd, and honestly, why should they care? But my honest question to you is, where in the world did you get the program? Was it from a trusted location such as download.com?

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#3 BlueGazoo

BlueGazoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

I didn't download it on purpose (or knowingly). I actually didn't know it was there. I have been on Youtube alot this month... i just assumed i clicked something on Youtube to get it...

But after all the problems i'm having with puter, and reading all the articles here, i've started down the long road of recovery... (2 days at this now)

Edited by BlueGazoo, 12 July 2010 - 02:47 PM.

#4 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:12 AM

try revo uninstaller. - revouninstaller.com
SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

#5 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

But remember, that still calls the regular Windows API for uninstalling programs, so being that the case, those questions will still apply when using that method just as much as they seem to when using the control pannel API alone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#6 BlueGazoo

BlueGazoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

Thanks to both, but it didn't work.

You are correct chromebuster, it only initiates the programs uninstaller and asks the same question.

I have another program, Symantec Client VPN, that will not uninstall either. When i try to uninstall it first asks me which directory i want to INSTALL it into. I tried hitting the browse button to see what happens but the browse button doesn't do anything but click.

Any help is appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users