Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what browser should I use?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dstrattenfan

dstrattenfan

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

I can't use IE at all it shuts my computer down so I have been using Opera for a while and it keep getting slower and slower.....I have tweaked XP and Opera as much as possible and the same goes for Opera...I clean the history and restart Opera and it is fast for like 10 minutes and i know on the opera forum almost everyone said they had the same problems....

I can not afford to buy more RAM at this moment.....I have taken all the preloaded programs of my computer and only have the basic programs but I dont know what other browser I should use....I tried firefox but it acted like IE....I have 34.5 GB of free space on my hard drive....

Ok here is my computer info:CPU : Intel® Celeron® Processor 1.80GHz (w/128KB L2 cache & 400MHz FSB)
Operating System : Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Chipset : Intel® 845GL chipset
Memory : 128MB DDR (PC2100)
Hard Drive : 40GB HDD
Optical Drive : 40 × 12x40 Max. CD-RW Drive; 16x DVD Drive; 3.5" 1.44MB FDD
Video : Intel® Extreme Graphics 3D (845GL shared)
Sound : AC '97 Audio
Network : 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
Modem : 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals : Keyboard, Wheel Mouse, Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other : 6 USB 2.0 ports (2 on front), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Mic-In & Head Phone jack on front, Audio-In & Out, 3 PCI slots (2 available)
Dimensions : 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:44 PM

No matter, what you do, XP with 128MB of RAM will be slow like molasses.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

A 256 meg stick of ram for your computer might be as little as 14$ shipped here in the USA, it's your only solution.

http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.asp...DULE=CT3264Z335
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

Give K-Meleon a try. This is the fastest and and at the same time updated browser known to work on Windows.

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

#5 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

I wouldn't change anything until you stick at least 1 gig of ram in your computer. You will think you bought a new computer. Check your motherboard manufacture site for the proper ram.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users