Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost.exe - Application Error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rauno

Rauno

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

Hi!
I have recently been getting an error giving me so much info:
svchost.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.

I was recommended to use HJT and come here for help. So to the point. After a 4 minutes of idling my computer started to continuously pop up some errors. Meaning that whenever i closed this error it opened a new one in 2-3 seconds. First I scanned with HJT and erase some executable file named wuaucldt.exe. I rebooted but it still popped up errors although the wuaucldt.exe wasn't in the Task Manager's Processes list. Could You please tell me what to do in order to get rid of the error. It really starts to bother me. I don't know whether this is of any help but problems started when I accidentally downloaded Google Earth Pro from Torrentleech.org

Thank You for Your help.

Attached Files

Edited by Rauno, 12 July 2010 - 04:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:26 AM

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response. Forums have been really busy. If you still need help with this do following, please.

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

• Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2017

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006
    unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

#3 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
    • 6,465 posts
    •  

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a Staff member. Include the address of this thread in your request. This applies only to the original topic starter. Should you have a new issue, please start a New Topic.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2017

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006
    unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users