Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CA Internet Security Suite 2007 error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kyRen

kyRen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

I get an error trying to install the CA Internet Security Suite 2010 that comes free from RoadRunner. It does not install, so I was asked to uninstall my current CA Internet Security Suite which is 2007. Using the control pannel to uninstall programs, all components of 2007 uninstall except CA Anti-Virus. Whenever I select uninstall programs from the control panel, choose CA, choose CA Anti-virus, I get the following error:

Error E9030 Unable to generate uninstallation command line for CA Anti-Virus

Any ideas? I've been waiting for CA to call me for over 72 hours (amount of time stated by RoadRunner's techsupport. I've logged 2 tickets thru techsupport and have stumped them all.

My Windows Security Center shows firewall and auto updating on and my malware red (virus protection shows not found and spyware shows windows defender as my protection). I have turned windows defender off thinking that was the problem but then it just showed that defender and CA was off). I still could not uninstall CA Anti-virus so I turned defender back on.

I am logged in with adminstrator rights.

I am on a gateway DX4710-05 with 6 gb RAM and 64-bit OS (windows vista home edition with SP-2)

Right now, I'm out of ideas. Web searches don't seem to help...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

Try CA uninstaller: http://homeofficekb.ca.com/CIDocument.asp?...0&KDId=3153

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 kyRen

kyRen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

Below is the message (webpage) I receive when I run the application listed above. I've used something similar before where I get the command line window that scrolls code with a prompt at the end to "press space to continue". THis time I don't get the command window and CA application is still installed.

----------------------------------------
Live Support

This is where automated task launched notification would be placed.

Copyright 2007 CA. All rights reserved.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

You might be infected with something that caused CA Internet Security to fail or become corrupted.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

Try Revo: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/...4-10687648.html

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users