Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A virus I've had for a while

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Exusia

Exusia

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:02 PM

So one day, my computer was having trouble getting an internet connection, and so I leave the room, go back and try to troubleshoot and my background is replaced with a teal backdrop and this text:
YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED!
There was some other stuff beneath it that said something of the order of my connection being shut down to prevent further infection. At any rate, I can't run many applications (Notepad, Microsoft Office, etc.) but individual scripts run fine. Sometimes, the background will turn bright green but keep the same text, and then I can't use any applications at all. Can someone help me out?

EDIT: Computer in question has 5 accounts, of which at least 2 have this problem.

Edited by Exusia, 11 July 2010 - 07:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

I suggest you try to download, install and run MalwareBytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Edit: Your post was already moved to the AII section of the BC forums. (So I removed my previous directions.)

Please be patient, someone with experience will be with you shortly to assist you in cleaning your machine.

Kind regards.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 11 July 2010 - 09:09 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users