Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game Crashing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon Carter

Brandon Carter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

Hi BC, I'm posting this because I'm having problems with games randomly crashing on my computer. It's happened with a few games I'll be playing and all of a sudden the game will crash and I'll get the "program has stopped working" notification, or a blue screen. I really have no idea where to start with this one so I'll just post some system specs and anything else as needed. So far this has happened with Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Origins, and Oblivion.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955 processor
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce GT 240

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

Hi Brandon and welcome to the forum!

Check the manufacturers website for known issues or patches
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Barajiqal

Barajiqal

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

Also check for driver updates, i've had many a game that would fail because of outdated/wrong drivers(I don't know what my brother or dad do when they install these I thnk they just hit whatever comes up first...).

When looking at game sites for issue especially pay attention to known 64bit issues. 64bit has made an incredible push to become the norm lately and some issues can come up with gameplay(Diablo2 on a 64 bit machine used to run so fast as to be unplayable).

Hope that helps a little

-Bar
"I am Become Death, Destroyer of Worlds" - (Verse 32 Chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita) Robert J Oppenheimer

"Any Man Who Has a Habit and Cannot Bear to Share it Should not Have the Habit at All" - Misqoute From Rolland of Gillead in the Stephen King Series The Dark Tower

#4 alphonsebelly

alphonsebelly

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:14 AM

I am running for my 7 64-bit Windows system and then install the NVIDIA driver to fix the vertical lines now happily moving Doom3, CS, Wolfenstein, Quake, etc.
We must be the change we want to see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users