Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Putting frames in an HTML document

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jnk1296

jnk1296

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

Hey everyone. I don't know why, but something possessed me to make an Directory based HTML website for the purpose of playing free online hosted flash games , offline. You know, so if your internet goes out you have something to do to ease your boredom. Some of the flash files say that they may only be posted on certain websites, which is why i'm not even considering posting this website online. But anyway, back to my question. I know enough of HTML that i can compose entire websites using nothing but it. My website on Webs.com is entirely composed of self written HTML. but the thing is, i've NEVER WORKED WITH FRAMES BEFORE. I have absolutely no idea how to use them. So i was wondering if someone could help me out with writing the code for a frame. The only thing i know about frames is that each frame requires its own HTML document, which i can take care of.

I don't know if it's possible, from looking at a few sites on how to use frames, but i want to put a scrolling frame in the center of my Main page.

A picture can be seen Here. Note: the dashed line going around the links is where i want the frame.

Thank You for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

An iframe is an element just like any other. I hate to post the code on how to do it because it would take longer to type the code than it would to Bing/Google it. Did you think to look at the source code of the website that has the functionality you want t copy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users