Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows xp, av security suite

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 patia

patia

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

I am pretty lame about computers. Is there a program that I can download and put on a thumb drive to plug into my non-working computer.

Here is a brief history. AV security suite popped up. I put the computer into safe mode, ran Malwarebytes and then AVG. Thought it was fixed. Then got the Google redirect thing, other than that it seemed to be working fine. I was running these 2 anti-virus protection programs several times a day.

Then I read about "proxy-server" and I should change that back to the correct settings. Tried that several times, it wouldn't stay fixed.

Now, half the time at start up I can get the computer into the area where I could click on safe mode, but neither the mouse or keyboard will move and it ends up counting down and starts in the regular mode.

My son says that the computer is frozen because the desktop picture shows a lot of pixelzation(sp?) It looked the same before - thought it was a bad picture. I think it's not frozen because I can get to the page that would allow me to put the computer into the safe mode, just can't click on it.

I was using fire fox. At the time I had Eset (sp?) protection. It is a Power Spec computer. Things started going crazy when I wanted to watch a tv show from sidereel, using zshare link.

Thank you very much! Pati

Edited by Budapest, 11 July 2010 - 06:12 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users