Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot screens and logon screens....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jayson201

Jayson201

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:36 AM

Where can I get (and how can I install) bootskins and logon screens for Windows 7....

Preferably an official (or official looking) FBI or CIA or NCIS or one of those other cool Agencies......

and just any cool or decent boot screen that isnt officially a boring windows boot screen (Like the glowing balls of color that swirl around and then form the Windows Flag...)

Any help, comments, suggestions, insults, compliments, advice, anything at all, is welcome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

What boot screen are you talking about? Where I work we have no "Agency" specific boot screen. It is just the default Windows Logon/Boot Screen. If you one of those ones you see in the movies, then you are out of luck.

#3 Jayson201

Jayson201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

What boot screen are you talking about? Where I work we have no "Agency" specific boot screen. It is just the default Windows Logon/Boot Screen. If you one of those ones you see in the movies, then you are out of luck.

I speak of those on WinCustomize, my fault for forgetting to mention that.

I see boot screens and logon screens for XP, but I dont have XP...XDDDD Ima get my dad to buy me Win XP :huh:

Thanks anyway Cryp ;D

(Although it would be cool to have a fully customizable boot/logon screen, now wouldn't it)

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

Try this: http://windows7center.com/tutorials/how-to...-for-windows-7/

#5 Jayson201

Jayson201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

You, my good sir, are epic.
I know exactly what I must do now O_O

(Time to get me some CIA pictures O_O )

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Might as well add this:

Standard Mandatory DoD Notice and Consent

You are accessing a U.S. Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG-authorized use only.

By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:

* The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.
* At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.
* Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG authorized purpose.
* This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests - not for your personal benefit or privacy.
* Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential. See User Agreement for details.

For the effect you are wanting.

#7 Jayson201

Jayson201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

XD
You're great man!
I'm feel like using the Foundation for Law and Government (FLAG, from Knight Rider :D)
and the above DoD Notice counts for everything law and government O_O

You are possibly one of the best here, like, top 10

(brown nosing much O_o lol )
(Yup, Registry editing. Time to make another backup real quick :D )

Edited by ComputerTalk-Jayson, 11 July 2010 - 01:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users