Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add add-on to new web browser.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bomblast

bomblast

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:59 AM

I have avg installed on my pc. But when i installed firefox it did not get the avg toolbar, although internet explorer has it. How should i add it to firefox? I checked the add-on manager but it has no option to enable avg toolbar.

Edited by Blade Zephon, 11 July 2010 - 04:30 AM.
Moved to a more appropriate forum. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:53 PM

Hi bomblast,

If Mozilla Firefox was not present on the computer when you were installing AVG, certain parts connecting AVG Linkscanner and Firefox were not installed. To install them later, please follow these steps:

* Download the latest installation file of AVG:

http://download.avgfree.com/filedir/inst/a...90_839a2960.exe

When you are prompted, please do not open this file directly from the Internet, but click the "Save" button and choose a location, where the installation file should be stored (we recommend saving the file to the Desktop).
Reboot the computer.
Locate the downloaded AVG installation file (it has a four color square icon and its name starts with AVG_...) and launch it.
Follow the installation wizard, when asked about the installation mode, choose the Repair installation option.
Choose if you want to install also AVG security toolbar (this does not affect Linkscanner component).
Finish the installation.
Update AVG.

Firefox will now contain all parts needed to protect you against harmful webpages.

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users