Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome and IE don't work but Fire Fox does. Internet Connection is also working.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mellons

mellons

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

This problem started right after I deleted a virus that infected my computer through a torrent I just downloaded.

Here is what I did:
I immediately closed all programs and ran SuperAntiSpyware and deleted the viruses.
I restarted my computer as directed by the SuperAntiSpyware program.
After the restart, I rescanned with both Malwarebyte's Anti Malware and SuperAntiSpyware.

Seeing as the results came out clean, I opened Skype and I tried to run my computer game, "League of Legends." Here is where it started getting weird. My Skype is working perfectly and I am talking to people as I type this but my League of Legends, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer all don't work.

Google Chrome had this error: Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error.

I resetted my proxies and deleted my cookies. I also rescanned using the same programs. Still nothing.

Please Help and Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 10 July 2010 - 08:09 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 manbeastjoe

manbeastjoe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:15 PM

If you recently had a malware infection, then your lan proxy server settings could be mixed up:

-for internet explorer, go to tools, Internet options; Connections tab; LAN Settings; and make sure that the "Automatically Detect Settings" box is checked and everything else is not.

-for Google Chrome press the tools button (the wrench in the top right corner) and scroll down to "Options"; go to the Under the Hood tab and scroll down and click "Change Proxy Settings"; click on LAN settings in the bottom right corner; and make sure that the only box checked is the "Automatically Detect Settings" one

Also, your winsocket settings may be mixed up.
Click start and type "cmd" in the search bar.
Right click on cmd and select "Run as Administrator"
If a message box pops up, click "Continue" or enter the correct administrative password (probably the one you use to login).
After cmd opens, enter "netsh winsock reset" and press enter. then reboot.
hopefully one of these solutions helps!

#3 manbeastjoe

manbeastjoe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

Also, if you have recently unistalled Norton 360, then you may have some software conflicts left over. Download the Norton Removal Tool of majorgeeks.com to completely uninstall Norton 360. For some reason uninstalling Norton with windows keeps Chrome from working, so only completely removing it with the removal tool will fix the problem if norton is the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users