Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An intro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brew_too

Brew_too

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

I think that "hello, fellow sufferers" pretty much covers it. I am a retired electrical engineer of naval background, retired because of disability, and consequently not able to sit at the computer as much as I would like, despite having acquired a Herman Miller chair. I am waiting for this horrible HP Pavilion Media Centre to permanently die, or become obsolete enough that I can justify purchasing a new Mac. I am a bit of a gadget freak, and fairly familiar with computers; however, I am by no means an expert at anything Microsoft. I am beginning to have (in my own humble opiinion) a few more problems with this beast than is usual, and thus shal be seeking some assistance for specific problems in the very near future.
To introduce the Beast, it is an HP Pavilion M7690n, dual core Intel CPU 6400 clocked at a nominal 2.13Ghz, with 2GB of Ram, and dual hard drives: a 500GB SATA1 for system, programs, and a restore partition, and a 250GB SATA2 drive for data. It is running Windows XP Media Center Edition, Ver. 2002, SP3 after having installed Vista ~9 months post-purchase, and reverting about 6 months after that; wish I hadn't given my Win2K OS disk to my son. Anyway, there's me; the User Name Brew has always been taken, so I am Brew_Too.

Yrs Aye,
Brew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boethe

boethe

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Welcome to this place. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic