Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One person you admire

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

Well I thought it would be a interesting question:

1)What person do you admire, the most? :flowers:
Your dad, mom, lady-gaga, bill-gates....the list goes on and on

2)And please tell us WHY you admire that ONE person....? :thumbsup:

I admire:
Jesus Christ

Why?
Never in the world has there been so much stir about a man. He even is what splits time in half B.C. A.C.
He has changed so much bad people into good, and his teachings are strong till this day. Its one of the many teachings that make this world a better place.

I think he will be one of the most influential men off all time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

I certainly Nominate this Man as equal to a Modern day Jesus.

His gains in not only Peace in his Area, but also in World Peace make him what he really is, a Great Man.

His Name is Nelson Mandela.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela

His latest accomplishments include this wonderful thing, read up on it?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/world-...v-1225890278842

That is one Magical Man.

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 10 July 2010 - 11:48 PM.

What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

Of all the human beings who have lived...I think it's impossible to say that one is more admirable than any of the others. And...there are plenty who demonstrated qualities which any thinking human being...would have judge as "admirable".

Especially so when one considers the fact that many of those who have contributed most to what we know as "life" today...underwent tests of moral, emotional, and physical courage...all varying with the conditions of her/his existence.

I admire many persons for varying reasons...they each belong on a distinct pedestal (IMO) which does not reflect any sort of tier structure.

A "hero" is a "hero", no such concept as "more heroic", IMO.

Louis

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

Well said,Louis. I couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:

#5 bhadkow

bhadkow

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

i admire Louis... :thumbsup:

his line says it all...,

#6 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,698 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:43 PM

We will never know who it was, or where it was done, but that inventive soul who found out that if you bang together the correct two rocks just right you will have fire.

ETA Johannes Guttenberg

ETA (Redux) Forgive me, I neglected the caveat "and why?".

1) I like my meat well done;
2) I like to read.

Edited by Bezukhov, 23 August 2010 - 06:57 PM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#7 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

As was said I completely agree with Louis. :thumbsup: I admire many my parents a lot of great souls here and my friends. No one person will ever top them all.

Edited by computerxpds, 23 August 2010 - 06:58 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#8 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

What about the person who invented the wheel.

I really admire that person..

I realize it may have been a complete act of laziness that resulted in that modern marvel, but what the hay.

My brother used to call me lazy because I would always find an easier way to do something.

#9 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,698 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

Laziness to develop the wheel? No. Whoever it was that came up with that concept spent his, or her, free time thinking of othe ways to make their daily existence more tolerable.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#10 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

The person I most admire is my mum, who somehow managed to put up with me for so long.

#11 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

Ditto :thumbsup:

#12 Barajiqal

Barajiqal

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:46 PM

Probably the person I most admire is Ghandi. As peaceful and influential a person as has ever exhisted in "modern" times.

-bar
"I am Become Death, Destroyer of Worlds" - (Verse 32 Chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita) Robert J Oppenheimer

"Any Man Who Has a Habit and Cannot Bear to Share it Should not Have the Habit at All" - Misqoute From Rolland of Gillead in the Stephen King Series The Dark Tower

#13 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

I admire my younger son, at least part of the time. :thumbsup: I was told he wouldn't live, but he lived. He was told he couldn't walk, but he walks and complains that he can't dance. In spite of a lot of aggravation, he has grown up with a brilliant sense of humour and the ability to enjoy life. A valuable commodity.

#14 littlecmos

littlecmos

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:46 AM

The person I most admire is Siddhartha Gautama, also known as Buddha Gautama. Although I'm not Buddhism, I actually and sincerely admire him because of his great knowledge, wisdom and what he did.

I realize that he was just a human being, not a super human being. But his knowledge and wisdom were beyond the time and space. His teachings are still modern and useful for many people as the excellent

ways to the peaceful situation, mentally and physically.

Before became the Buddha, the little prince Siddhartha left a lot of physical worth as well as palace, the chance to be a leader (king), his wife and his son. The main point is that he dared to rebel against

the Influence of ancient philosophies which were based on the concepts or beliefs upon the Creation and the Creator.

He was the pioneer of Non-theism. He was the first Free Thinker all over the word and he gave us the moral and physical courage, to be a real human being.

When he became a Buddha, he shared his knowledge and speech by sacrificing the whole life. His teaching upgraded the many people's opinion concerned with "life and death". Simply to say, he gave people the

courage to live and to die as the real human beings, without any influence of God or creator. After passing through about 2,500 years, we could find something useful from his teachings and his

philosophy.

cmos

Of non-being there is no coming to be ; Of being there is no ceasing to be !

#15 CFred

CFred

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

I admire Lance Armstrong

He overcame so much and did the unbelievable, Tour De France wins, well cancer too.

I loved cycling, that's why I wish He could've been My dad.

Crank em'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users