Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AV suite

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blacktruck

blacktruck

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

I became infected this morning...happened right in front of my eyes...I was running malware bytes at the time...anyway it will not allow me to open any software...to open any downloads or to run task mgr....can anyone help?

I pulled the hard drive and am attempting to scan it from another pc...not much I could show in the way of what it was doing...once I got nailed it wouldnt do anything...nothing opened..

Edited by blacktruck, 10 July 2010 - 08:29 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blacktruck

blacktruck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

I removed the hard drive and placed it in another computer......ESET found the infection.....so I deleted the files...I ran ESET a second time and then went to trend micro and ran Housecall......once I was fairly certain it was clean I ran a registry cleaner then re inserted the drive and booted up....it is fine now....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users