Mobo = Abit kd7-raid / Want to replace
Processor = Amd athalon 2400+ / Want to replace
Ram= 512 not sure of speed or brand / Want to replace
Case = Mid case / Want to re-use
Psu = Antec 350-400 watt / Not sure if it will be enough
hd= 2 x 80gb wd in raid 1 / 1 x 40 gb wb / Want to replace
gpu = Ati radeon 9000 pro / Want to reuse for now if possible but will replace as funds permit
Looking to build a new computer but re-use the case,psu and gpu if poss. Budget 500-800 for now. I tend to like the Amd processors for the price and Asus motherboards, but am open to any suggestions. I would like a boost in speed and also a decent gaming computer once i upgrade the gpu. I play games like Wow and Everquest. I helped a guy put this computer together but it has been about 7 years ago. I will be on my own for this build.
If its not reconmended to re-use any of my componets please suggest alternatives.
Below is a list that i came up with
1. AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor 179.00
2. Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive 49.00
3. ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard 118.99
4. G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 99.99
5. OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP 500W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7 59.00
Edited by harmank70, 10 July 2010 - 11:47 AM.