Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New here please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 This-guy

This-guy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

First off I'm new here, secondly I'm 16 so I'm not the best with computers so as you can tell I will need some help and I'm leaving foot holidays very soon so hopefully anyhelp quickly would be appreciated. Short story- was on some sights such as YouTube watching football videos and then another site Watching futurama, door bell rings go answer it, come bak upstairs and suddnly my computernis going crazy and I have messages saying a have virus' and stuff. After inspection I find out I have a Trojan horse malware thing, one which brings up this programme called antimalware doctor or something like that - I looked into it and found out it was a trick programme trying to get me to buy the full version I.e register. I find out that this Trojan could get credit card details and stuff but lukcily I havt registered so I was hoping that offered me slight more protection. Anyway now my Internet wireless is down for some reason and my computer it messed up.
1.FIRST big question- I didn't register to the antimalware doctor thing and I entered in no details also this is a secondary computer that most like has little private details on and my parents put most if their information on another computer, I was wondering if ANYoNE could assure me that no credit details could have been stolen? I'm 16 and I don't want to e the one to give my parents details out so hopefully not right?

Anyway a few hours later and I haves friend round, because I couldn't go on the Internet with the computer that is infected he brought round a memory stick with malwarebytes- antimalware I think on it - we ran it normally and then in safe mode. It seems to have taken down the main problems however one thing persists and my friend says it looks pretty bad. Every time I start up the computer and then randomly a message like the message on a windows xp computer when you have just used task manager to shut something down, it only has the word "erms.exe" appear and say it failed to run. I have my wireless unplugged purposefully and my friend says it looks like the program us trying to open up the internet but thankfully can't due to me unplugging wireless connector
2. SECOND big question- I freaked out for 6 hours thinking I have done something bad- even though i don't know how it came about the first place- only to have some hope with malwarebytes yet now with it unable to fix this one erms.exe problem- question is is this a bad malware virus still on my computer? I thinkthe Internet if fixed and most of all of the other programs are gone but this erms message keeps popping up

I know this is a huge question and I thank you for reading it and hopefully trying to answer my question - I'm freaking out and I need some help I checked my other computer ( the main one my parents use) and the Internet is fine and there are no bad popups but I just want to make this thing go away and make sure none of it got anywhere near my parents details

HUGE THANKS
EDIT
now there's another program called Isass or something and I'm pretty sure it's malware aswell- and I also have this thing called windows security center which I'm not show is real or not
PLEASE help me with these problems

I know there are loads of other problems on this forum but can someone please help me? I'm going away in two days I just need to know
1. Confirmation this stupid Trojan surely handy got any credit details and stuff
2. How to get rid of the last few stupid and dangerous problems- erms.exe/ isass program/ windows security center virus I think!

Edited by This-guy, 10 July 2010 - 06:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 This-guy

This-guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

I have this same problem- came out of nowhere- ran. Malwarebytes yet it took down some other virus but it seems not this one- I'm also having problems with a popup saying "erms.exe" has encountered a problem and needs to close- hav you any idea what that is? It seems it is trying to go onto the Internet but Im stopping it on purpose for fear of what it will do.
As with this other program defense center I too am confused-

Moved post from this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330149/defense-center-virus/ ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 10 July 2010 - 09:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users