Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why did my Ipod deleted all files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 monicadawn

monicadawn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

Hi! I have an ipod classic and I grabbed it today to sync it to my itunes since I acquired more music, and when I grabbed it off of my speakers and it was stuck on the apple picture. So, It wouldn't turn off or anything, so I just moved that little switch at the top, and it unfroze, but all of my music was gone. Why would my ipod just randomly delete everything?

Thanks!
Monica

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:10 AM

How old is your Ipod Classic? My guess, especially since it got "stuck" while sync-ing, is that your Ipod may have had a hard disk problem.

Did you reconnect it to Itunes? Did it display any warnings or behave differently? Did Itunes tell you it was rebuilding anything? Did putting your music back on the Ipod work?

Small problems are not necessarily anything to panic about, but hard disks don't last forever.

Edited by Capn Easy, 16 July 2010 - 02:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users