Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something is maxing out my upload speeds

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Daylin

Daylin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

EDIT: Ok problem solved. It turns out when I installed Dungeons & Dragons Online Sunday night, it used a program called "Pando Media Booster" to download the game for me. What it didn't tell me was that even after it was done, it would continue uploading the game in a bittorrent style method until I restarted my computer. I only put my computer to sleep at night, so this never happened. I've since uninstalled the program and am actually kind of pissed about it. BTW, it turns out Windows 7 has a resource monitor that I used to see what program was using all of my network bandwidth, just in case anyone else needed to know.

Ok, I started noticing network issues last night. My ping in all games was 400 plus, and other people were complaining of network slowdowns. So I brought up my router, and checked it's bandwidth logs. Sure enough my computer had over 200 connections, and was uploading at the maximum limit of my bandwidth. It had been doing this since Monday. So I tried to see if one of my programs was going wrong, and closed just about every program running, but the network usage was still there. I'm not quite sure where to go from here, and see what exactly is causing this bandwidth spike, but I assume it's some malware sending out spam, though I don't know for sure. Any ideas on where to go from here?

Thanks in advance.

Quick Edit: BTW I'm currently running a full virus scan with MSE, and a malware scan Malwarebytes' anti-malware, but I'm not expecting them to find anything.

Edited by Daylin, 09 July 2010 - 04:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users