Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD 7B after Combofix freeze

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 markd1037

markd1037

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

I am working on a Dell Dim 4700 XP pro SP3 that has a virus. After running a few scans with malwarebytes, superanti spyware, and autoruns I found and removed several infections. I started combofix and the computer locked up and would not continue after the screen ...

"ComboFix will now start scanning your computer for known infections. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient."

So I turned off the computer and now it boots to a blue screen 7B in any mode and last config does not work. I have tried chkdsk, fixmbr, and scanning the hard drive exteranlly.

Edited by hamluis, 09 July 2010 - 04:32 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 markd1037

markd1037
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

bump

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

Hello, sorry for the delay.

Please let me know if combofix installed the Recovery Console (you should see the option to enter the Recovery Console when starting up before the Blue screen).

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users