Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

United States-International keyboard setting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lemartines

lemartines

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

Laptop: Acer Aspire One
Op system: Windows XP Home Edition - Version 2002 - Service Pack 3

MY PROBLEM:
I am using the keyboard that comes on the laptop, not an external one. I use the keybord with the United States-International setting in order to use the accents of Latin languages.

For the last month or so this is happening with all applications (Word 2007, IE Explorer, Firefox, etc): when I press some keyboard keys the response on the screen is not what it is supposed to be with the international keyboard.

For example, ' shows '', ~ shows ~~, so I can't print any accented vowels. It was working properly for almost two years and suddenly started this erratic behavior.

I have not made any changes except the Microsoft updates. I have tried adding and removing the international keyboard several times. I also tried with num lock off, and that was not the problem. The keyboard layout is set to US international correctly, it shows correctly on the task bar, but the characters do not print as expected.

I read in some web-board that apparently the same issue is happening to users of Windows 7 latest version patched, and that maybe a recent Windows Update has broken International keyboard for XP, Vista and 7. Based on that, I removed the Windows updates dating back to when I recall all was well. Still, problem unresolved.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users