Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Part Compatible

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 resonatez

resonatez

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

Im going to order parts for a new computer soon, but had a couple more questions due to the fact i upgraded the board..

Here is the board i will be using: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813157198

-However-

I am not sure if these are compatible pieces as well,

HDD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822136283

-And-

Optical disk drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827106276

Any Help would be greatly appreciated,

-Res

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

shouldnt be any issues that I see with those, just make sure you get the right processor and ram for it, it uses AM3 CPUs only (any AM2+ or AM2 CPU will physically fit but will not work since they do not have a DDR3 memory controller) and it uses DDR3. Also note that there is no integrated video, and that it is a crossfire board, so if your planning on going with a single video card solution, I would recomend going with a crossfire enabled ATI card to allow for future upgradeability. A single NVIDIA card will work on the board, but if you ever decide that one video card isnt enough, you will have to replace it with an ATI card.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

I'm surprised you are worried about the compatibility of the HDD and OD, of all things? :thumbsup:
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users