Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad-Aware Botched install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Barajiqal

Barajiqal

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

Before I started working for this company one of the former IT guys installed ad-aware on most of the machines here. The Problem being that several of his installs are corrupt. These took place a few years ago and uninstalling via the add/remove programs is not functional. Is there a removal tool out there for ad-aware, we no longer use it and would like to purge it from the few systems with the botched installs? All machines in this case are XP - SP3.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
"I am Become Death, Destroyer of Worlds" - (Verse 32 Chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita) Robert J Oppenheimer

"Any Man Who Has a Habit and Cannot Bear to Share it Should not Have the Habit at All" - Misqoute From Rolland of Gillead in the Stephen King Series The Dark Tower

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

Yes revo uninstall tool click this link http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninst...e_download.html then download the freeware version or if you want you can purchase it !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

Sorry guys, but I use Revo, and it doesn't work unless the API in the control pannel can be called. Only the pro version will uninstall remnants that are left over for you.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#4 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

Barajiqal,

Try installing the same version of Ad-Aware again, on top of the corrupted install, then try to uninstall.

You don't mention which version you are having the problem with, but the current and previous versions can be found HERE.

There is also AppRemover. Although it only lists support for version.8.x, it may still be worth a shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users