Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taskbar jumped to top of screen--how do I restore to bottom?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Firetooth

Firetooth

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

Hi Everyone!

This morning the taskbar on my computer jumped up to the top of my screen. I read in xp help that I could click on an empty part of the taskbar and drag it to the desired location. This did not work.
Any other ways to restore it to the bottom of the screen?

Thanks!
Firetooth

Dell Latitude laptop, Windows XP pro SP3, Firefox, Avast, Zonealarm, Malwarebytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwest0703

bwest0703

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

Hello Firetooth,

If it will not drag by clicking and dragging the taskbar, try right clicking on it. There should be an option that says lock the taskbar. If this has a checkmark next to it, it is locked in place, click it to remove the lock, and then try dragging it. Hopefully this resolves the problem. Remember, you can also check it again when you get it at the bottom to lock it back in place. :thumbsup:

With regards,

bwest0703
Posted Image

#3 Firetooth

Firetooth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for the reply bwest0703!
I went back and checked but wasn't locked.
I use an external mouse and tried using the touchpad and buttons on the computer--worked in seconds!
This time I locked it so it won't happen again!

Cheers Everyone,
Firetooth :thumbsup: :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users