Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have I deleted my virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 robbierules

robbierules

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

Hello, I am wondering ; I am running AVG, Spybot and Malwarebytes AM. The resident shield in AVG detected a trojan horse (BackDoor.Generic12.BPKA) in the file WINDOWS\System\driveasyncmac.sys - AVG has indicated this is a white listed file.

I have run my AV programs and they haven't located any more viruses or the same virus again, also Malwarebytes AM has not indicated it has located anything in the registry files etc. I am running Windows XP if that helps.

My questions ;

1) Is the virus deleted ?
2) The computer in question is a laptop, it is connected via a router to my desktop and one other laptop, I have scanned these other computers and nothing has been located, are they ok ? Can a virus transfer over the router ?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated, sorry in advance if this is a "stupid"question, I have searched all over the internet and read a lot of articles, all with different suggestions and ideas to fix the problem, I considering getting a computer tech up to have a look at it for me, but if I dont have to I would rather save the cash ! Cheers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users